Wednesday, January 12, 2005

US Army TRADOC, raising incompetence to a black comedy

So, my wife is down at Basic at Ft Jackson. She enlisted Aug 26 2004 and shipped 5 Jan 2005.

Now, in 1985, the AF had me in front of a large, shouting man in about 3 hours, with a postcard on the way home telling everyone I loved them and to pray for me.

NINE DAYS later, TRAining and DOCtrine Command haven't started her training--she's still in Reception, and they don't have an address for her. Nor do they know which unit she might go to.

I do. It's not hard to figure out with a quick search of the Ft Jackson website. But they don't. So her Drill is going to be boggled when she gets mail Friday or Saturday, before they've even had a chance to call home or send a postcard.

God, I love the expression people get when they're waaaaay out of their depth.

11 Comments:

Blogger The Casual Observer said...

Good god, i didn't know Dan Rathers editors were in the Army.

January 12, 2005 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger SneakyPete said...

I hated that place. Sounds like nothing has changed in 20 years. Fun to see if she gets a threat of an Artilce 15 as agroup. Tried that crap to scare us. Your lady is made of stern stuf so any Mickey Mouse crap would be fun to watch fly back. Are you gonna post her adress so we can send mail too? I guess I'll ask you in my ordr for Weapon. Reminder of her Latin
something about bastards grinding, like you haven't ground a few things in your time.

Rant on Mike!

January 23, 2005 at 8:50 PM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 12, 2005 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 27, 2005 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 27, 2005 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger Juno-Regina said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 1, 2005 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 9, 2005 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger My-Juno said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 16, 2005 at 2:34 PM  
Blogger saragibson8466 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://www.juicyfruiter.blogspot.com

January 11, 2006 at 11:27 PM  
Blogger iza roberto iza said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 15, 2007 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger Iza Firewall said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 19, 2007 at 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home